The design life of an offshore wind turbine is approximately 25 years. The trend for a longer design life on all wind turbines is due to the maturing of the wind energy industry – asset owners now expect to operate wind farms for longer periods without the technology becoming obsolete or unsupported by suppliers. Extreme loads due to storms, abnormal events and faults during operation can also be critical. Typically, an offshore wind turbine will turn for over 90% of the time. With long system lifetime and comprehensive experience in marine and offshore environments, Glamox luminaires are designed to achieve the intended lifetime of the wind turbines.
We’ve thought of all the details
- We provide lighting for the tower internals, allowing safe access for maintenance and
service personnel, as well as providing a clear and safe means of transferring hand tools
and components to the nacelle.
- We have luminaires which can be fitted to all ladders, platforms and handrails.
- We offer a wide range of mounting options to suit any installation.
- Exit lights for installation at doorways.
- Emergency Lighting in order to maintain safety in the event, of a loss of grid power.
- All our recommended products are marine certified and quality-approved.
Glamox has a range of fittings that meet the requirements of the following applications. We have a number of bracket options to simplify installation for each application.
- Crew access.
- Insidelanding platform.
- Internal turbine.
- Walkways, stairways and ladders.
- Turbine identification board.