The Norselight DM60 signalling lantern fulfils the requirements and is fully approved to the MED Regulations and SOLAS, which states that “all ships of over 150 tons gross tonnage, when engaged on International voyages, shall have onboard an efficient daylight signalling lamp which shall not be solely dependent upon the ship’s main source of electrical power.” The 127mm (5”) handheld signalling light can be used on all vessels, for ship to ship signalling using Morse Code. The light is of aluminium, lightweight And robust construction and is fully waterproofed. If desired this unit can be used as a spotlight if the signalling trigger and lamp switch are both left on. The Norselight DM60 Signalling Lantern is approved by the UK Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA.) Light reduction and coloured filters provide control light output as required. Tubular and V sights are fitted as standard. DM60 provides a handle mounted switch to operate the lantern. Signals are made by triggering the tubular shutter system which interrupts the light from the reflector.
- QT 60W The signalling light is equippedwith a 60Wlight source, and 3 pcs. spare lamps are included in the complete set in accordance to requirements. Highly polished aluminium reflector with safety front glass gives a signalling range of 8nm. Red and green filters are part of the standard equipment.
- Inherited: 115 – 230 / 12 V 115 – 230 / 24 V Connection with 5.5 meter extendable cable. Charger: Intelligent switch mode battery charger with dual input 115V/230V Charge rate: 12V – 14,7v @ 1 amp 24V – 29,4v @ 0,5 amp Battery: 12 volt 7 amp hour Battery Life (12V): 80 minutes continuous usage. Battery Life (24V): 115 minutes continuous usage. Battery Life (12/24V): 2 hours (signalling)
- Marine Equipment Directive (MED) 2012/32/EU MED Requirements for MED: SOLAS 74 as amended Regulations V/18, V/19, X/3 IMO Res. MSC.36(63)-(1994 HSC Code) IMO Res. MSC.97(73)-(2000 HSC Code) IMO Res. A.694(17) - IMO Res. MSC.95(72) IEC 60945 (2002) including IEC 60945 Corrigendum 1 (2008) ISO 25861 (2007)
- Capable of daylight signalling range of 8 miles. Beam divergence of 5°. Transmission rate of 12 words per minute achievable. Light reduction & coloured filters provide control of light output as required. 5.5 metres of supply cable fitted as standard. All aluminium construction, fitted with a super purity aluminium parabolic reflector. Tubular and V sights are fitted as standard.Handle mounted switch to operate the lantern. Signals made by triggering the tubular shutter system which interrupts the light from the reflector. Semi gloss black stoved enamel paint finish.
The complete kit includes
- High quality Polypropylene carrying case with bespoke foam inserts & integrated charging socket, 4 lamps, battery in case, switch mode battery charger, and red /green coloured filter set. As per MED / SOLAS requirements, each lantern should be supplied with 3 spare lamps and an approved portable battery pack. Other colored filters available upon request.
- Transportation boxof DM60 madeof Polypropylene, with bespoke foam inserts for maximum protection.
- Complete kit: 13 kg Carrying case: 4 kg Handheld unit: 2,2 kg Battery pack: 5,8 kg
No downloads available
Showing 0 - 0 of 0 products