The floating or fixed foundations provide support for the wind turbine, transferring loads from the turbine at the tower interface level to the sea bed where the loads react. The foundation also provides access for personnel from marine vessels. Unregulated vibrations result in excessive material wear, which in turn can (and does) cause component failure. At Glamox, we can perform three different types of vibration tests on our lighting products: sinusoidal vibration; various shock tests; and random testing.
- Linears installed on handrails.
- Floodlights for escape to sea(4,000 to 10,000 lumen).
- Floodlight to illuminate the turbine identification plate, as well as part of the turbine.
- Emergencylighting is needed to maintain safety and in the event ofa loss of grid power.
- All our products are marine-certifiedand quality-approved.
It is a requirement for suitable lighting to be installed at the crew access point to the foundation, as well as lighting the escape to sea. This area sits above the supportive structure and is accessed via a bridge from the crew transfer vessels. Therefore, safety requirements dictate that high quality marine lighting is needed to ensure these areas are well lit. We have a range of fittings that meet the requirements of the following applications, as well as providing you with a number of bracket options to simplify installation for each application.
- Boat Landing
- Winch platform.
- Walkways, stairwaysand ladders.
- Turbine identification board.