• Work as part of a team to develop new products with input from a range of Stakeholders including Sales, Marketing, Technical and Production
• Take ownership and accountability for product ranges where you will be the key contact for all information including Production documents, Drawings, Labels, BOMs, Costs & SOP’s
• Responsible for upgrades to current Product Families to meet/exceed agreed specifications
• Provide technical support, knowledge and training to Production and other departments
• Assisting with the day-to-day running of the administration system. Creating part numbers and bill of materials for new and existing products.
• Support the Quality Department in all aspects of their role with particular focus on improving internal and external quality
• Responsible for prioritizing workload in line with business requirements with a flexible approach to changes in priority ensuring committed to dates are met
• Minimum 3-5 years of design experience
• 3D CAD (Creo or Solid works) experience is essential.
• Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems and Microsoft Office is essential.
• A continuous Improvement and customer focused approach
• Be able to work on own or as part of a team
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Preferred Skills & Experience
• BIM modelling is desirable for the creation of Revit files
• Use of Adobe Illustrator for the creation of site instructions and SOP’s
• Knowledge of the complete design process – Concept through prototyping and volume manufacture
• Design experience within the lighting industry
What characterises the work environment in the department
• Supportive and Dynamic work environment with challenging lead times on some Projects
• Ability to Multitask and adapt priorities
• Due to the above each team member needs to own their own tasks, be that design, Part numbering or helping with production.
• Supportive team environment with good cross functional collaboration
Stress load or special challenges in the position
Sometimes need to develop initial/concept designs with partial front end information so the ability to own and co ordinate the collection of this is important
Can be a dynamic and fast paced environment which does not suit everybody.
In the process of developing a range of KPI’s that will be used to continually evaluate and improve departmental performance.
• Structured and methodical approach with the ability to multi task and meet committed timescales
• Accountable, Adaptable and Collaborative
• Driven, Leading by example with an Open and transparent approach
• Strong influencing skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
• Passionate about challenges and driving change.
• Resilient and proactive
Personal qualities needed in the job
• Enjoy working in a dynamic environment and adaptable to changes in priority.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels of the business.
• Driven, self motivated and continually strives for excellence.
• Well organised, analytical and structured approach to problem solving.
• Ability to work independently and prioritise workload
• Has an eye for detail
Degree/HNC/BTEC in Mechanical Design/Engineering is desirable.
Demonstrate the ability to work within the parameters of our core values
If you have the required skills and experience, please forward your CV to Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org